Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mother's Weekend

This past weekend my birth mom came to see me for Mother's Weekend. I am so glad she came and we got to spend some time together. She arrived in Salt Lake City Thursday night at midnight and the drove up to Rexburg so we had a car while she was here. Friday after my early morning class mom and I went shopping in Rexburg. It was a fun and I got some new clothes too!

Then I took her on a tour of the campus before we went to class. It was New Testament and mom seemed to enjoy it a lot. I think she was a bit nervous at first because she thought it was going to be really mormon-y, but then she found out that it's not all that different from what she learned growing up Lutheran. She even knew more than the students because of her religious background.


After class we went to Idaho Falls. We took a ton of pictures at the falls and the park before going to the Idaho Falls Temple Visitor's Center. While we were there we did the kiosk on temples, saw the Books of Mormon in different languages, listened to the Christus, watched some of the testimonies of new members, and watched the Joseph Smith movie. She really enjoyed the movie and learned a lot.

On Saturday we got up bright and early (4am) to go to Yellowstone. We got there so early it was free! We had a blast driving through Yellowstone and the Grand Teton park. Though we were a little disappointed with Old Faithful it was still beautiful.


When we got home we rushed to get ready for dinner with Shane and his mom at Applebees. It was a lot of fun and Shane and I were both glad to be able to meet each other's mom's. (I don't really like the picture but I'll put it up anyway)


Sunday we went to church and had dinner with my roommates. Then she left at 1am to drive back down to Salt lake to catch her plane. It was a really good weekend. I'm glad she decided to come.

1 comment:

kimmy said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad she was able to see you. Looks and sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad you put pics up...keeps it real yo! haha

Let us know when you're back in town over here.