Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Schooling

So I have been to all but two classes by now. One because it's only on Thursdays and one because I just added it.

This semester I am taking:

Eng 218 - Creative Writing
Eng 370R - Women Writers on Writing
Rel 211 - New Testament
HFED 140 - Intro to Architecture and Interior Design
POLSC 110 - American Government

I dropped my French class today because I am just not ready for 201 so I am planning on auditing 102 so that I can keep practising and reviewing and then take 201 in the fall when I feel more comfortable in the class. So because I dropped it I had to scramble to find a 3 credit class because I have to have 15 credits for fast grad. Thus, I added American government. Shane said I'm going to have a lot of fun in that class, but I am going to have to study a lot because the tests are hard.

I love my New Testament class! I have Bro. Hammond again and I feel like I've come full circle because he was my first religion teacher when I got here last summer semester. He is such an amazing teacher.

My interior design class is going to be interesting and I am looking forward to it a lot. I know I'm going to learn so much.

I'm excited about my Creative Writing class as well. Today in class we all had to write a line of poetry on a piece of paper and we handed them to Bro. Stewart and he picked 16 and the class constructed a poem from them. I like it a lot. Plus the activity was a lot of fun. Here's the poem. I bolded my line.

Stone-cold Love

There’s a million ways for me to say this

Sands of time are wasteland only in my mind
In a world of allusion, I long to be
In the wily minds of men
The places where we hide

The blonde-headed duck dressed elegantly in plaid
Tickling curls under his lips
“Curses!” she cries as he drives out of sight

Jumping off the bottom stair, I fell among the clouds
Eyes, unpenetrated by darkness, light the way in a vast expanse
The snow gently powdered the flowers
Pastel shades of pink and yellow color the sky
Yesterday will come tomorrow after sunlight fades
Of this I am certain: I will not be mistaking love for anything else

My pet rock died today

No comments: